Saturday, 4 July 2015

Simple Pleasures

You have to be the kind of person who can make the best out of a Tuesday. You know those people who live for the weekends? Theyre wishing their life away. You have to find something worth living for or else youll look back and realise youve wasted your life away.

Source: Nabsticle

Today is Friday 3rd July 2015.

Today I made myself some breakfast for the first time in ages, after finally gaining back my appetite and having the energy to make something. And though I did slightly burn my fruit loaf… I devoured every bite.

Today, after many months of collecting dust on my shelf, I finally finished reading Wonder by R.J. Palacio. It made me feel unbelievably warm inside and assured me that there is still hope for a world where kindness will rule and miracles still exist, even if their exterior says otherwise.

Today I plucked up the courage and wrote the first draft of my 500 word piece for the application of a summer school that I want to go to. And though the word limit drove me insane and reminded me of long sleepless nights doing coursework, I really like how it turned out.

Today I listened to The Honorary Title and smiled with a twinkle in my eyes as it reminded me of One Tree Hill, a TV show that I’ll always hold dear to my heart. It took me back in time to previous summers, the all-nighters I pulled as I wept over the lives of fictional characters. I’ll never forget it.

Today I left a comment on every single blog post that I read and it felt so good to share my thoughts. Offering kind words, praising hard work and connecting with people is worth every second of my time.

Today I read the first chapter of Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë and marvelled at how much language has evolved over the years, simultaneously laughing at how atrociously I was pronouncing half of the words. The realisation that I’ll never know every single word in the English language hit me hard, as well as the panic over the fact that I’ll have to study this book in great detail for A2 next year. Seriously, help?!

Today I watched the latest episode of Pretty Little Liars and though I jumped out of my skin and the first scene scarred me for life, I loved every second of it. And even though the characters are perpetually tortured and tormented, it felt good to get immersed into a dangerous and oddly thrilling world for a while.

Today I watched as the sun gradually fell asleep and the stars came alive. I watched as the pastel blue sky faded into a deeper and more magical shade. The beauty of the world ran wild through my veins once again, after being absent for so long.

Today was a wonderful day, made up of simple pleasures that made me feel comforted and free. I thank it, and I really hope that soon enough I’ll get to experience it all over again.

***

I wrote this a couple of days ago and I thought I’d share it. I felt like it needed to be documented for the days when these small moments are the opposite and I need reminding that these kind of days really do exist.

8 comments:

  1. A beautiful post. On my lazy Sunday (today) I shall remember to appreciate the little things. I am going to write the quote at the top of the post, on a post it and stick it up in my room. <3

    Much Love,
    Peachy

    www.tro-unicorns.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much! That's a great idea, so often the bad moments overshadow the good so it's nice to keep reminding ourselves that we should always appreciate the good, even if it's small. Thanks for reading!!

      -Nabeela :)

      Delete
  2. Such a lovely, positive little piece. I'm glad you wrote it, don't forget about it on those days where it feels like the world is against you! Also, your writing is so poetic and beautiful x

    Martha Jane | http://www.marthajanemusic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Martha!! That means the world to me, I'm so glad you like it. Hope you have a great day!

      -Nabeela x
      http://nabsticle.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete
  3. This is a lovely blog post. Really inspiring. If everyone wrote a diary entry like this each day I'm sure the world would be a happier place :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lylia, I'm really glad you liked it! Ikr, I think I'm gonna start recording happy moments more often, it can do wonders to my mood!

      -Nabeela :)

      Delete
  4. Wow you had a really productive day. I was just saying to a friend today that I'm not looking forward to finishing uni because my first taste of full time work on my placement year was feeling like I was wishing it all away waiting for the weekends. Fantastic post and one that'll stay with me

    Www.simplysara.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That quote has stuck with me too ever since I read it. It's like with exams, we're always wishing for the summer to arrive when we really should enjoy the good parts like being around our friends and the laughs we have. Thank you so much for reading lovely, really glad you liked it!!

      -Nabeela x

      Delete