Wednesday, 29 July 2015

Live a Colourful Life

I’m never going to live a colourful life when I’m in the confines of my comfort zone.

Have you ever noticed that slight glint of rainbow colours inside of a bubble that shimmers against the sunlight as it floats with such grace? I always feel so content in their company that it’s almost as if these bubbles act as my comfort zone, the colours only accumulating inside because inside is where I feel the most definitive and carefree. And as soon as these bubbles pop I become doubtful, because in my eyes the world outside of this bubble is a dangerous territory and I imagine it as a precarious place that I simply can’t trust.

I become hungry to blow more bubbles and use them as a form of concealment, thinking that there is simply no colour on the outside, just frightful chaos and insecurity. Yet the truth is that I’m never going to always stay in my comfort zone. At some point or another I’m going to be challenged and forced to push the boundaries, often having to puncture these bubbles myself.


I reside in them because I don’t feel free to truly be myself anymore, due to various tyrants known as society’s rules, the government’s laws and the media’s expectations. These bubbles have been my safety net for too long now. They’ve created the illusion that anything outside of the bubble has to be questioned which isn’t necessarily the case. And only now, after seventeen years of existing, have I realised that there is colour out there if only I choose to look in the right places and surround myself with the right people.

I wish to breakout and consume all of the compelling shades that are out there because now, I refuse to be confined. So I’m going to risk it, even when the different colours smudge and become an unsettling mess, and all I want to do is to blow more bubbles and hide. I’m going to risk it, in the hopes that it could lead to something even more beautiful than I could have ever imagined.

{Photo source: Nabsticle}

6 comments:

  1. Yes, yes to so much of this. It can be so scary breaking out our comfort zones, but also so rewarding. I love watching bubbles in the sunlight. I few years back I promised myself I was only going to spend time with people that lifted me up and made me feel happy and alive and like anything could be achieved. I love the hope in this post, and I wish you the best of luck :)

    Erin | cd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I 100% agree, it feels great and accomplishing when we try the things that scare us, it helps us grow and continually evolve which is something we should all thrive for. Same, my little sister and I were blowing bubbles the other day and there's just something so beautiful about them, they remind me of my childhood.

      That's great to hear! I made a similar decision around 3 years ago and I'm much happier now than I was back then. I can't believe I allowed others to control how I felt for so long. Thank you so much Erin, really appreciate your kind words!

      -Nabeela :)

      Delete
  2. Such a great post! I've also been thinking about comfort zone quite a lot lately, and can agree with what you said. :) Keep up a good work! Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jessie, I'm really glad you liked it!!

      -Nabeela xx

      Delete
  3. It's so good to break out of our comfiest zones, and more often or not we end up really enjoying it!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree, it can be tough at first but really rewarding once you get over that initial barrier. Thank you for reading!!

      Nabeela :)

      Delete