Sunday, 22 February 2015

Moments

Source: here

- Staying up till 4:30am and having a good catch up with my brother who I haven’t seen a lot of recently since we both live such busy lives. I find it so adventurous and exciting how the most special memories spark from the spontaneous nights where you break the rules than when you decide to get an early night.

- Ordering a takeaway at midnight because we were hungry, craving rebellion and simply thought why not?

- Feeling the sun beam into my room signalling Spring’s arrival, especially after the bitter cold weather we’ve been cursed with for so long.

- Discovering Jessie’s blog ‘Painting the Ocean’ and feeling a breath of fresh air glide through my veins. There’s something so simplistic about her writing and photography that just feels so profoundly artistic to me.

- Being asked by the beautiful Olivia from ‘Olivia Curls’ to take part in her ‘Happy Interview’ series and then conversing through emails and getting to know Olivia as a person. It has been incredible and has made me so happy; who knew immersing yourself in someone else’s world for a while could be so enriching?

- Lying in bed at 2am and feeling a weird sensation lifting me, like a rise in determination after hearing only disbelief in my ability. My ambitious dreaming returning in full force, strength being restored and for the first time I felt the universe urging me to prove that I can do anything that I set my mind to.

- Waiting for the coaches as the wind reddened my fingers and bit my pink cheeks. It had been an exhausting day at college yet I stood watching the elegant sunset and all my worries were diminished instantly.

- Watching a film with my little sisters and feeling so grateful to have them in my life. It felt great to be able to see the world from their perspective, no matter how absurd and impossible their theories can be.

- Meeting a couple of my old friends from high school and (failing miserably) at a game of Monopoly. There was a lot of uncontrollable laughter and reminiscing of past memories.

- My friend and I flitting in and out of charity shops whilst waiting for a philosophical talk on existentialism at the local library before realising that we had got the wrong date. Yet those five hours gave a good insight into our different lives and just simply walking around, laughing and bouncing inspiration off of each other was unforgettable.

Hearing my email notification beep and grinning when I open it because it was from someone really important to me. It made me cry tears of happiness because I felt like she trusted me and that I meant something to her. I’m so thankful to have her in my life and it made me realise that I’m always concerned with what I don’t have and always seem to forget all of the empowering people that I’m lucky enough to make memories with.

These moments mean everything to me, despite how small and easily dismissed they can be. I think it’s so important to note moments like this down as they are a positive reminder of all the good that we have in our lives.

Have you ever felt so immense and empowered by a split-second moment in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment