Sunday, 18 January 2015

Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award

Thank you to Peachy from The Randomness of Unicorns for nominating me in the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers award. This is the first time I’ve been nominated for an award so thank you very much. You can check out Peachy’s interesting and insightful blog here.

The rules:
Thank and link the blogger who nominated you
Include the award logo in your post
Answer the set of 10 questions that the blogger who nominated you has provided
Supply your own set of questions
Nominate 10 other bloggers
1.    What gives you the greatest satisfaction in life?
Completing a book. Having a productive day. Being on top of schoolwork. Talking to new people and instantly clicking. Knowing I will be able to have a lie-in the following day. Being assured that my family are safe and happy. Inspiring someone through my writing. Giving unexpected compliments to people I barely know.

     2.    At what point in your life, if you had made a different decision, could you have lived a different lifestyle?
In year eight. I won’t go into details but if I had done things differently my life would be better different. High school wouldn’t have been so miserable, my confidence wouldn’t have been trampled on and I would be able to be more open and trusting.

     3.    What is happiness, to you?
This is a tough question because how can you really define happiness? In a simplistic answer I guess it would be being surrounded by passionate people, writing and going for long walks whilst listening to my favourite songs of all time.

     4.    If you could pick a skill to be brilliant at, what would it be?
     I strive to perfect my writing skills every day so I would love to excel in that. Does eating without gaining an ounce of weight count as a skill…? I’m not sure, I would love to be able to draw because I’m always in complete awe and admiration at the artistic talents that people have.

     5.    Imagine you could not fail: which one of your dreams would you go about achieving?
Publishing my very own book that makes at least one individual feel something. Whether that be significance, invincibility or simply uplifting hope; it has been a dream of mine since I was just eight years old so it only seems fitting to use it as an answer for this question.

     6.    Name a book you think everyone should read in their lifetime.
My go-to answer would usually be The Great Gatsby by F.Scott Fitzgerald but I’ve accepted that it’s not for everyone so because of this I’m going to go with Chicken Soup for the Woman’s Soul which is an incredible collection of short stories about empowerment, chasing your dreams and family. It will stay with you forever.

     7.    Have you ever had a great experience that you will always remember?
Two summers ago my brother and I pulled an all-nighter and watched back to back episodes of Prison Break. It was rebellious and exciting and crazy; I’ll never forget that night.
The night before my English Language exam I stayed up to help my brother with a certain ‘crisis’ he was having. I sacrificed my GCSE exam for him but it was okay because he needed me and that’s much more important to me than any exam.
There are so many, looking back in wondrous retrospection at these riveting moments makes me realise that I actually have the most precious and remarkable life.

     8.  Your friends invite you out for the night, where do you go, what do you drink and what do you wear?
We’d probably just chill at home, perhaps watch a film or sing lots of old cheesy songs that we used to love. As for a drink we would opt for a cosy cup of tea or hot chocolate; we’re basically old grannies when it comes to these things. For my attire I like to go really comfortable so probably a pair of jeans and a jumper, or if I fancy dressing up a little then I’d wear a casual dress.

9.  Do you class yourself as a messy person or tidy person, and why?
It honestly depends. In terms of my bedroom then yes it can be copiously messy, especially my desk. And sadly I’m one to push things to the limit and only tidy when things get really out of hand. I’m laughing right now because I’m currently staring at all the piles of paperwork and empty bottles of water clogging up every corner of my room… However when it comes to school work I am scarily tidy and organised, I have separate folders with dividers and everything is put in chronological order. So I guess I’m a little bit of both.

     10.  What is your favourite variety of cake?
I couldn’t decide because there’s so much to choose from! So a few of my favourites would have to be Angel Cake, Strawberry Cheesecake and the good old traditional homemade sponge cake.


My questions:

1.      If you’ve ever been stuck in a rut for a certain period in your life, you feel suffocated whilst everyone else around you is still moving, what do you do to get yourself out?

2.      We all go through phases of different music styles. What genre of music are you into now that you never thought you’d be when you were younger?

3.      Name one thing that you love about your personality and one thing that you love about your appearance.

4.      What’s the most important and valuable lesson that you learnt in 2014?

5.      Do you believe in life after death?

6.      If you could be any age for a day, what age would you be and why?

7.      Would you break the law to save someone you love?

8.      Describe the greatest adventure of your life.

9.      Do you consider yourself the hero or the villain in your story?

10.  Would your life be better or worse if you knew the day, time, and place that you were going to die?


I nominate:
Sylwia at Silver Space
Niamh at Niamh’s Dream
Summer at Life as Summer
Laura at Laura-Louisee
Olivia at Olivia Curls
Lauren at R-AMBLER
Brittany at Living in June
Alice at Casetti


Thank you so much for reading. And a massive thank you again to Peachy for the nomination and for providing me with such fantastic and thoughtful questions.

4 comments:

  1. That you so much for nominating me!! Yours was so enjoyable to read ^.^

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, you deserve it your blog is so much fun to read! Thank you!! xx

      Delete
  2. You are most welcome, I am glad you enjoyed answering my questions. Your answers are wonderful! I feel like I know you a little bit better and its lovely :)

    Much love x

    www.tro-unicorns.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw yes, I love getting to know other bloggers and really seeing their personality shine through their posts, I'm glad you liked it :)

      -Nabeela x

      Delete