Sunday, 14 December 2014

The Motivation Folder

Losing our willpower is normal. Procrastination occurs a little too often than we’d like and can suppress our determination to do what is needed and what is a vital key to keep us moving forward. We can step off the gas and fuel becomes sparse. A standstill is detrimental and this winding path of life will consume us if we don’t keep going, keep dreaming big and persisting in the things that may seem impossible.

On those nights when the night sky seems a little too dark, the stars seem a bit too dim, the rainy teardrops are whipping against your window and you feel like you want your duvet to swallow you; stop. Get out of bed - despite it being below zero degrees - open up your computer/laptop/tablet/mobile and click on ‘the motivation folder’.

Source: here

This will bless your eyes with a collection of photos, quotes, comments, lyrics and anything that reminds you of the true purpose of life. I created one a while ago and now it’s brimming with inspiration and wise words of motivation. Whenever I feel a little lost when it comes to my blog or confused at the direction and career choice I want to pursue in then out comes the motivation folder and I’m suddenly not feeling so minuscule. That disorientated feeling is then replaced with invincibility. Trust me, it works.

You’re probably thinking: what is the message of this odd post? Well there’s only one simple lesson I want you to take from this. I urge you to create your own motivation folder and make it overflow with anything that creates an insatiable desire to achieve and fulfil that crazy dream of yours. It’s such a small thing but it can make a great difference.

Never lose sight of why you started. You’ve got this far, why stop now?

6 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! I have a board on Pinterest dedicated to uplifting, positive quotes & I always go to it if I'm upset x

    Lauren x
    http://whatlaurendidtoday.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cool! I think it's such a simple but great way to instantly cheer you up and help you keep going whenever you feel like giving up :) Send me a link to the board if you like, I'd love to have a look!

      -Nabeela x

      Delete
  2. I love this post! Having a motivation folder is such a good idea! I think I will make one as a scrapbook rather than doing it digitally so I'll be able to do some more creative stuff with it, I'm sure it will help me a lot as I have quite an amount of 'down' days. Would you be able to make a few inspirational posts for us as to what kind of stuff to put based on your experience? - Sylwia xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a great idea Sylwia! I wish I could be that creative but I'm afraid I'm just not that cool :P Aw I know what you mean, I get some days when nothing has really happened but I feel really down and irritable but don't worry, just think of the bigger picture and how in a months time you'll be in a much better place in your life. If you ever feel down or need someone to talk to then feel free to send me a DM :)
      Yes of course I can!! I have quite a few ideas it's just finding the time to write them that seems to be the problem but yeah thanks for the suggestion!

      -Nabeela xx

      Delete
    2. Sorry for the late reply! I thought I'd get some sort of notification when you replied to me but I didn't. Yeah those days when I feel down and irritable are the worst, I have a go at everyone and then I feel bad about it but I guess it's natural at times. I think I'm getting better at looking at the bigger picture now, I always used to stress about the smallest things, well I still do at times. And thank you so much! Feel free to message me any time you want to as well. And I can't wait! It's sometimes quite hard to put your ideas into writing in the way that you want. xx

      Delete
    3. No worries! For some reason Blogger doesn't send me notifications either when someone replies, it's really annoying aha.
      That's exactly what I do and I absolutely hate it, I end up feeling like such a crappy person, it's a really unhealthy way of thinking but it's so hard. I used to think it was just hormones but idk. I don't know how we can change this but I guess if we both remember to be patient and think before we speak. I have a diary which i use to let out any anger because i find writing really therapeutic so maybe try that? It will take time but we'll get there :) Thank you very much Sylwia!! xx

      Delete