Monday, 6 October 2014

Welcome to Nabsticle! (+ Update)


Sometimes a change is required, and I feel like now is the right time. I don’t think I’ve ever shared this on my little corner on the internet but ‘ridawkward-and-hyperbubbly’ originated from a stomach-churning lesson where my laughter couldn’t be contained. It was in a History lesson with a good friend of mine where these two words gave birth. Ridawkward: ridiculous and awkward, hyperbubbly: hyperbole and bubbly. I know, my friends and I are extremely strange for combining words but we did ha ha ha… don’t judge us.

These words stuck out to me and sounded great together and were very unique. I loved it. Despite my love for this name I figured that it had no reference to me whatsoever. And that’s when ‘Nabsticle’ popped into my head. It’s short, sweet, quirky and above all it includes the first three letters of my name. This took a lot of thought and I was hesitant but I like it.

I also want to say a huge thank you to everyone who has read, commented and followed my crazy little blog. I honestly didn’t imagine it getting this far. You’ve all been so lovely and inspire me to keep going; if I could give you all a big hug I would.

What I’ve been up to lately:

If you have read my ‘Dear September’ post you will know that this past month has been an arduous one to say the least but thankfully I returned back to college last week and I’m loving every second of it. (Apart from the early mornings, a tonne of homework and limping around campus…)

On Wednesday I will be off to London to watch a theatre production by the name of Electra with college. Being excited is definitely an understatement! Let me know if you’d like to see a blog post on it.

I’ve decided to have a bit of structure to my blog so I’m now going to be posting on Mondays and Fridays as it’s most convenient in terms of my college timetable. Additionally I’m focusing a lot more on my content and what I’m putting out there, I have lots of posts planned which I’m ardent to show you – keep an eye out for those!

   

What have you been up to lately? What do you think of the new name?

2 comments:

  1. Heyy I just found your blog and I love your writing! Looking forward to more :)
    I'm glad October is treating you better than September. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much!! That means a lot to me, I'll check out your blog too! x

      Delete