Wednesday, 24 September 2014

Perfecting My Photography Skills

Do you ever look at certain photography and end up staring absent-mindedly in awe at its mesmerizing beauty? The composition, lighting and focal point collate together to form the perfect picture, yet this simple skill is impossible to achieve for someone like me. I may be able to knock up an essay on the effects of language in a popular literary text in just an hour but I don’t have so much luck in the technology department. Whether I’m in front of it or behind, cameras just don’t like me.

So in a spontaneous attempt to improve my non-existent photography skills, I borrowed my dad’s camera (Canon Powershot G9) and started snapping away at anything and everything I could find. By managing to find some patience within me along with a frustrating trial and error process, I managed to capture some photos I’m proud to reveal on the World Wide Web.







Tips:
1. Practice practice practice! It’s impossible to grasp the techniques overnight so keep at it and I promise you’ll get there. Remember that patience is key. (Something that I definitely need to work on…)

2. Learn and understand ALL the features that come with your camera. Get the basic fundamentals out of the way and step by step you’ll begin to master the trickier stuff.

3. Experiment with different angles and find your own style in your own time, there is no rush.

4. You don’t need any expensive fancy equipment to get started and achieve a high quality result – remember that lighting is your new best friend when it comes to photography.

5. Have fun with it! Treat it as a hobby/new project and don’t be disheartened if it’s not working out, it’s all about being creative and trying something new.

“Always walk through life as if you have something new to learn, and you will.” – Vernon Howard

As you can most probably tell this is a work in progress but nevertheless it was a lot of fun and fingers crossed I will improve. Thank you so much to everyone who reads, comments and just simply acknowledges my blog; it honestly means a lot to me.

What do you think of the photos? Have you got any tips for budding photographers who are just starting out?

No comments:

Post a Comment