Tuesday, 2 September 2014

Back to School/College: Stationary

The time has finally come. Say goodbye to late nights, beautiful weather (or not if you live in the UK) and having no stress, worries or pressure. However I’m really looking forward to starting my first year of college and having a strict routine again. I thought I’d show you what I’ll be taking with me in terms of stationary. I loved filling up my pencil case and getting everything organised for college. Hopefully it will give you an idea of what you might need yourselves for college or school.

I decided to take an A4 sized notebook, an A5 sized notebook to use as a diary/planner and my pencil case on the first day. I’m pretty sure I will need more than this but I’ll buy more if I need to so for now this is all I’m going to take with me.


Firstly an A4 sized notebook with lined paper inside will be perfect to start my classes with and will keep everything together and organised. My subjects require a lot of writing since they’re all very essay based so a lot of paper is needed. I think this was from WH Smith but you can buy them from literally anywhere. I love the colour of it too, it’s so pretty!


I’m a bit of an organisation freak and I’m the type of person to keep lists and write things down so I’m going to be taking this little notebook and using it as a diary/planner. I’ll most likely be writing things like my homework, deadlines and anything else that’s important. If you’re likely to forget things easily then I highly recommend keeping something like a planner. I bought this from Homesense ages ago so it’s probably not there anymore but I would recommend going there for notebooks since they’re so unique and cheap at the same time.




I bought this pencil case around three years ago from WH Smith and it has not let me down. It has three pockets and is the perfect size and has plenty of space for me to fit everything I need inside. Since it has such a nice design, lovely colours and isn’t falling apart just yet I’m going to continue using it instead of buying a new one.



So in the first pocket I have a scientific calculator, two red pens, two green pens, three black pens and I threw another one in there as well which has blue ink. I always end up losing my pens so I always take a lot with me. I won’t really need to be using a calculator with the subjects I’m taking however I’ll just keep it in there just in case. All the pens are from the Bic range and they are amazing, I never write with anything else.



In the middle pocket I have a two in one sharpener and rubber, a 15cm blue ruler and an extra rubber with a cute badger on it.



My last pocket is my favourite because of how colourful it is. In there I have two pencils, crayons, highlighters and fine liners. The highlighters will be very useful for my subjects since they involve a lot of analysing and remembering key facts so those will be perfect for that.


Most of the things that I’ve shown are things I already had so I didn’t really have to go out and buy anything. In fact the only thing I went out and specifically bought were the Bic biro pens. The majority of things were bought ages ago mainly from WH Smith but you can buy stationary from large supermarkets like Tesco and Asda or if you don’t mind spending a little bit more money then definitely check out Ryman or Paperchase  – I could pretty much live in those shops!

Tips:

1. Use a diary/planner and write everything down so you don’t forget anything – it will make you much more effective in your learning and allows you to keep on top of all your homework and projects.

2. Don’t spend excessive amounts of money on new stationary. This can be difficult but make sure you use the things you already have first.

3. And lastly, don’t let pretty stationary and colourful pens distract you from your studying. Use them effectively and make sure they assist you in learning all the information. Pretty mind maps are helpful but make sure you actually learn what you’re writing!

Thank you so much for reading! I hope this isn’t too long, I know there’s a lot of text and I tend to ramble on but I hope this has inspired you and helped you to decide what to take.

Best of luck for the new school year! How was your first day back at school/college?

Hugs & kisses,
Nabeela x

No comments:

Post a Comment