1. Document everything. Whether it is through keeping a diary, a scrapbook, a vlog, a photograph or even a blog like this – write everything down. You won’t realise now but you’ll forget the little things in five years’ time.
2. Your parents aren’t always right. They may be older, wiser, been through much more than you but your situation is different. Respect their opinion but be brave enough to make your own decisions. Remember that it’s your life, not theirs.
3. Take everything with a pinch of salt. A lot of what people say is exaggeration, only the happy parts of their lives or just a complete pack of lies, especially online. Don’t believe everything you read and certainly don’t change yourself because of what others are saying.
4. Time is of the essence so use it wisely. There are 24 hours in a day which is plenty of time. Prioritise the important things that need to be done leaving a few hours for hobbies and relaxing time. Remember that organisation is key for a productive and happy day. You will never get that time back.
5. If you don’t feel like going to school/work and you’d rather sit in bed all day eating and watching your favourite TV show then that’s completely fine. In fact I’d encourage it. Things get a little too much sometimes so it’s okay to take a day off and replenish.
6. If your favourite artist/band is performing in your city, buy a ticket and go. Forget that you have school, forget how much it will cost, you’ll regret it if you don’t. Go and sing along and dance to your favourite songs because you’re young and moments like these will stay with you forever.
7. Put all your trust in yourself and never in other people. You are the only person who knows your own limits and knows what’s right for you in any situation. Trust your instincts because you’re smarter, kinder and much more special than you think.
8. Always listen to what children have to say even when it’s complete nonsense. They’re excited and passionate so listen and be enthusiastic with them, ask them questions and show interest because it matters to them. They’re humans and deserve the same respect you’d give to adults.
9. If you’re having a bad day and nothing seems to be going right, go for a walk or take a long shower. Wash away all the sadness and I promise you you’ll feel so much better.
10. Put your heart and soul into everything you do and you’ll succeed. Never half-heartedly do anything – be strong and willing; I guarantee you’ll go far.
Some of the things I’ve listed are so simple yet we forget to do them so it’s nice to have little positive reminders like this once in a while. Thank you so much for reading; I really hope you liked it!
I’ve noticed a pattern accumulating here on my blog where the posts that are creative and include my writing are very popular so if there’s anything specific that you want me to do in regards to that then please let me know.
Is there anything you think needs adding to the list?