Tuesday, 19 August 2014

Top 5 Overrated Films I Didn’t Like

I wouldn’t really say I have a lot of knowledge when it comes to films and actors and actresses however I do love watching films when I get the chance to. There have been many times when I’ve had high expectations due to reviews and hype of films that everyone seems to adore but they just aren’t my cup of tea for various reasons. Here are five of those overrated films that I just didn’t enjoy; hope you like it!

1. Breakfast at Tiffany’s:
I’ve already done a full review on my thoughts for this film which you can find here so I won’t talk about it too much. All I’ll say is that it just wasn’t as good as I expected and whilst the acting was pretty good it just didn’t live up to my expectations. The storyline wasn’t very enticing and included too many pointless unnecessary scenes.


2. Forrest Gump:
I watched this film recently because after hearing so many great reviews from literally everyone I had to give it a go. Firstly I’d like to say that the acting was brilliant and the simplicity of all the camera shots was fantastically portrayed. However it wasn’t necessary for it to be over two hours long. I thought it was close to the end but when I checked it had only just got past half way and I found myself wanting it to end numerous times. I get very emotional with sad films and I heard this would be one of those films but instead of crying at the sad parts I ended up getting annoyed at the characters, especially Jenny because of her inconsistency of emotions towards Forrest. Definitely not a film I’ll be watching again.


3. P.S. I Love You:
What even was this film? I’m trying to give constructive criticism with all these films but with P.S. I Love You there’s nothing I can say other than it was simply awful. Extreme boredom took over and I was close to switching it off many times throughout. It has been a while since I watched this film but I surely won’t be recommending it to anyone any time soon.


4. Remember Me:
Lots of people recommended this film so I thought I’d give it a go and what a waste of time it was. The entire film bored me so much and only improved towards the very end and even then it wasn’t great. The acting was okay but that wasn’t really the problem for me, I just didn’t understand what message it was trying to deliver to the audience and it was just a complete let down.


5. Mean Girls:
I know what you’re thinking – how could anyone possibly hate Mean Girls? I didn’t exactly hate this film but it is most definitely overrated. There are so many better ‘girly’ films out there and the whole thing is so cliché.  All the famous well known quotes bug me simply because I don’t understand why they stand out to everyone. And I think we can all agree how bad Mean Girls 2 was, or perhaps not? I don’t know it just didn’t appeal to me and I just don’t think it deserves the credence it gets.


Are there any films that everyone loves but you don’t? I hope I haven’t offended anyone’s favourite film but these were just some of my opinions. Thanks so much for reading guys, talk to you all very soon!

Hugs & kisses,
Nabeela x

No comments:

Post a Comment