Tuesday, 5 August 2014

Spend the Day with Me

On Monday 4th August I woke up fairly early and got ready for a fun day out that I had been looking forward to for a good few days. My brother and I along with our friends from Voice 21 (the magazine I write for) had planned to go to the cinema to watch Guardians of the Galaxy in 3D! We arrived at the cinema to meet everyone perfectly on time (which is a rarity for me and my brother) and really enjoyed the film. It had an exciting atmosphere, the film was action packed and extremely entertaining and it was just really pleasant spending time with friends that I usually only get to see once a week.


The film finished around 5pm and after saying bye to our friends we wandered around the new shopping area that was opened recently nearby since we didn’t fancy going home just yet and I had never been there before. Me and my brother grabbed some food and browsed the shops for a good few hours before heading back home.

It got to around 8pm when we finally decided to catch the bus back home. Despite all the walking around we were feeling pretty energetic so we made a spontaneous plan to go to my friend’s house. We walked there in the space of fifteen minutes and had such a fun time. Through drinking hot cups of tea, munching on snacks and lots of heartfelt laughter we had a great catch up session since I hadn’t seen my friend since I left school. I realised spontaneous and out of the blue plans seem to go down so much better and we ended up making a great evening out of it.

“ENJOY THE LITTLE THINGS IN LIFE, FOR ONE DAY YOU MAY LOOK BACK AND REALISE THEY WERE THE BIG THINGS.”

When we finally got home at around 11pm we were still not excessively tired so we stayed up till around 2am just talking which I really enjoyed since me and my brother haven’t done that in a long time. Overall it was a fantastic day and it made me realise that days like this is what life is really about and with great friends and family it makes it all worthwhile.

Thank you for reading! Hope you enjoyed this blog post, it was more of a personal one but I had a really enjoyable day so I wanted to share it with you.

Hugs & kisses,
Nabeela x

No comments:

Post a Comment