Monday, 25 August 2014

Papadopoulos & Sons Film Review

Me and my family sat down to watch the film Papadopoulos and Sons without knowing anything about the plot in the hope that we’d enjoy it – and it turned out we did.

Papadopoulos and Sons is a British comedy/drama about a successful business entrepreneur named Harry who seems to have everything he could ever dream of including a mansion, fast cars and a high status. That is until he is hit with a huge banking crisis which results in him losing his house and having to go back to running a fish and chip shop with his brother Spiros.


The acting was pretty good, not the best if I’m honest but the characters were well executed and it was easy to understand the type of people they were and what role they played. I really liked Spiros and the main character Harry’s development was really nice to watch. Also the implementation of Harry’s wife and her death was done well; it weaved in nicely with the storyline and added a really nice touch to his character development. The primary message of the film was simply portrayed and relatable to many people. It just proves how money can’t buy you happiness and how family and friends is what makes someone successful in life.

There was a quote from Harry’s character which really stuck out to me.

“What is the meaning of success?”

Can we really define the word ‘success’? He then followed by saying “success is the joy you feel” and I 100% agree. He kept telling himself that the fish and chip shop was temporary but he eventually realised he was happier with less. The relationship between him and his brother also improved dramatically and he understood the value of family and the love of people rather than materialistic things.


The only downside I would say is that you may find it a little boring at times and it may not be for everyone. Some parts I didn’t understand because they were business related and I had to ask my dad what some things meant but other than that it was a very enjoyable film that will make you feel a sense of gratefulness for what you have and feel satisfied with the simple things in life.

And if that’s not enough it will definitely make you crave a bag of fish and chips!

I would give this film a 4 out of 5 star rating.


Thank you so much for reading! I would also like to thank you for 15 followers on Bloglovin’! This may not seem a lot but it’s a huge achievement for me and I’m really grateful for everyone who followed. You can follow me on Bloglovin’ here.

Also I got my own short story published on a great site called Teen Ink and it would be amazing if you could give it a read, rate and share it with friends and family. You can find it here.

Hugs & kisses,
Nabeela x

No comments:

Post a Comment