Thursday, 10 July 2014

Second Hand Book Haul

There’s no denying it, buying a brand spanking new book is a fantastic feeling. The smell and the feel of new books is just one of a kind however I absolutely love second hand books too. I know some people don’t like them and they prefer new ones which is understandable, but old books have their own special place on a bookshelf too. I noticed the other day that I actually have quite a few second hand books so I decided to share them with you in this haul.

Red telephone box:
Last year I went for a walk at a hilly countryside with my brother and my auntie and whilst we were walking we came across something very rare. It was a traditional red telephone box that contained piles upon piles of books and after speaking to the owner we found out that we can take them and if we wanted to we could trade in some of our old books as well. So I picked up three books that I found interesting and came back the following week to drop off some of our old books.



The books were –
  •  The Divide by Nicholas Evans
  •   This is How it Ends by Kathleen McMahon
  •  This Side of Heaven by Emma Blair

Hospital:
A few weeks ago I was at the hospital and as I was wandering around I found a stall that was selling books for just under a pound! I just simply couldn’t resist the bargain so I bought three for a really good price.


The books were –
  • No Second Chance by Harlan Coben
  •  Pack Up the Moon by Anna McPartlin
  • The Crimson Rooms by Katherine McMahon

Little café:
My mom and I went for some coffee one afternoon and I spotted some books that they were selling for charity so I decided to pick one up for only something like 50p.


  • The book was The Little Prisoner by Jane Elliott.

Sister’s book sale:
The other day my little sister’s school was having a book sale so she bought me three books for under a pound as well.


The books were –
  •  Goodnight Mister Tom by Michelle Magorian
  •   Love Letters by Katie Fforde
  •   Chicken Soup for the Woman’s Soul by Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen, Jennifer  Read Hawthorne and Marci Shimoff.

Thank you so much for reading. Please follow me on Bloglovin’ and also leave your blogs in the comment section, I’d love to check them out.

Hugs & kisses,
Nabeela x

No comments:

Post a Comment