Thursday, 3 July 2014

‘Count Your Blessings Not Your Flaws’

I fell in love with the lovely quote ‘count your blessings not your flaws’ by the beautiful Miss Lauren Aquilina. It’s just a really honest and great quote that we all need reminding of sometimes. I was watching Cherry Wallis’ video about body confidence which you can find here and it sparked up the inspiration for this post.

I can tell you now that I’ve never been satisfied with how I look and it has really affected the way I feel inside which is completely and utterly wrong. The media along with friends and family can all make us feel disgusting because they tell you it’s not the ‘norm’ to be  a size 12 or it’s not the ‘norm’ for a girl to be taller than 5”9. But what is the norm? Everyone is a different size, a different shape, so how is it even possible to be put in one category and considered the ‘norm’? Wow I think I said the word norm a tad too much there aha.


I’ve had people call me anorexic before and when I changed that to please them people started calling me fat. Now I’ve realised that people will NEVER be satisfied. We will never be happy with our appearance but if we improve our personalities and how we feel inside, our perception of ourselves will be much more positive.

“I am not trapped in my body. I am trapped in other people’s perceptions of my body.”

So for today’s post I wanted to share with you what I like about myself. That’s not me being cocky or arrogant in any way and I really hope you don’t perceive it in that way. I just feel we don’t give ourselves enough credit for the amazing qualities we have and we only ever point out our flaws. It was pretty hard coming up with the things I like about my appearance but I managed to conjure up three.

1. I love the colour and length of my hair. I feel really lucky that my hair grows quickly and it looks nice when it’s natural.

2. I also really like my eye colour. They’re a pretty brown colour and even though my eyes aren’t very big I still love the colour of them.

3. Lastly, I really like my teeth. I had braces a few years ago and now they’re super straight so I really like how they look.


"You are so used to your features; you don’t know how beautiful you look to a stranger." 

Thank you for reading! I really enjoyed writing this post and I hope I’ve at least helped one person today to feel more confident about how they look. What’s one thing you like about yourself?

Hugs & kisses,
Nabeela x

No comments:

Post a Comment