Sunday, 29 June 2014

June Favourites!

June has been an exceptionally crazy month with the first half filled with exams and stress but then the second half being completely relaxed and just me enjoying the beautiful weather. All this along with Ed Sheeran’s and Lana Del Rey’s new albums being released and The Fault in our Stars coming out in cinemas; it has definitely been an exciting month to say the least. So here are some of my favourites of this month!

Food and drink favourites:

Tip tops: If you didn’t know already tip tops are just different flavoured ice lollies but in a long tube type shape and they are so nice! They come in all sorts of flavours – coca cola being my favourite – and they are perfect to have during this gorgeous sunny weather we’ve been getting.

Crunchy Nut cereal: I’ve been loving this cereal so much this past month. It tastes delicious in both cold and warm milk and that extra crunch it gives really makes it the perfect cereal to kick start the day.

Water: As for drinks I’ve moved away from all fizzy drinks and juices and stuck to the best drink – water. It really is the best drink to have; it’s refreshing, gets rid of any thirst straight away and helps you achieve a clear complexion. It’s pretty much the only drink I’ve had in the past month.


Favourite songs of the month:

Ed Sheeran’s album: I decided to put Ed’s whole album instead of just one song as my favourite simply because it’s impossible to pick my favourite. I’ve been listening to the beautiful album non-stop all month. It’s perfect to listen to no matter where you are and what you’re doing; I’m so glad it lived up to my expectations. Some of my favourite songs from the album Multiply are Thinking Out Loud, Even My Dad Does Sometimes and Afire Love.

Lana Del Rey’s album: Mesmerizing, beautiful and mysterious. This album is definitely one of the main highlights of June for me. After my brother kindly said he would buy me the physical deluxe album I was buzzing. Every single song is so moving and deals with a lot of issues. It’s everything that I wanted it to be. If I had to pick my favourite songs they would probably be Money Power Glory, Brooklyn Baby and Old Money.

Sweater Weather by The Neighbourhood: I found this song whilst browsing YouTube and I absolutely love it. The rhythm, the voices and even the music video itself is beautifully done and the song is very addicting.

Every Vessel Every Vein by Joel Baker: My brother introduced me to this song and I haven’t stopped listening to it all month. I had never heard of Joel Baker before but his voice is so unique and you just can’t help but listen to it 24/7. It’s just a fantastic song that gets you pumped for the summer.

Over The Love by Florence and the Machine: I’ve never been a fan of Florence and the Machine and I didn’t think I ever would be but after listening to The Great Gatsby soundtrack and coming across Over the Love I fell in love straight away. Such a catchy, upbeat and fun song. I highly recommend you check it out.

Random favourites:

Wattpad app: I was so excited when I found out I could download the Wattpad app onto my phone since I love reading short stories especially from people who aren’t exactly famous and published. There’s such a huge variety so there’s something for everyone and now I can read on the go – what more could a girl want? At the moment I’m reading Beautiful Mistake and it’s so good, I definitely recommend you check it out.

Aloe vera Vaseline: Vaseline is essential for me to carry around with me everywhere I go. Lately I’ve been using my aloe vera Vaseline and it’s been working really well for me. It leaves my lips moisturized for quite a long time, feels smooth when applied and also smells great which is always a bonus.

Goodreads website: I’ve been using the Goodreads website so much in the past month to look up lots of book reviews and see what other people have been reading lately. It’s also great to read the discussions people have and it’s just a brilliant website for book lovers. You can check out my Goodreads Tag here.


So those are all my favourites for June! Hope you enjoyed this post and I can’t wait to see what July has in store. What are your monthly favourites?

Hugs & kisses,
Nabeela x

No comments:

Post a Comment