Saturday, 24 May 2014

McBusted Concert and Interview with the Support Act

If you didn’t know already I write for a magazine that goes by the name of Voice 21 and I’ve loved every minute of it so far! Through this new experience I’ve been lucky enough to try amazing new things that I never thought I’d be able to do in a million years! And this was no exception.

I was over the moon when I was told I was going to be given the opportunity to interview the support act for McBusted and get two free tickets to see the show! I did my research on the support act that go by the name of E of E and I wrote up my questions ready in time for the event.


So when it came to the 2nd May my brother and I had to rush home from school and college to catch the bus into town. The one day when we need the bus to come early it decided to come half an hour late. We were extremely annoyed as we timed everything to the second but we luckily got into town in time. After a 10 minute walk to the train station we caught the very busy train to the LG Arena!

By this point I was so nervous because being given a chance to do something like this is all very new to me. We gave the tour manager a call to find out where to meet him and get our tickets. We got our tickets from the box office as we were on the guest list and we then met up with the tour manager.


The tour manager was super cool and a great guy! We finally got to meet E of E backstage and start the interview. My brother was in charge of holding his phone for the voice recorder and asking the questions and I was taking notes of all the answers which isn’t as easy as it looks!

At the end of the interview I honestly don’t know what I was nervous about. E of E were great guys, they were so sweet and genuine! It was so lovely meeting them.


After the interview we had the rest of the night to enjoy the show. As we were given free tickets we had no clue what seats we would get but they turned out to be perfect! We were on the side of the stage so we got a great view and to be honest we couldn’t have asked for anything better.


Out of all the support acts I have to say E of E were my favourites (of course I’m not being biased! :P) My favourite songs were Kiss Me Like You Mean It and their cover of Dirty Diana.

Here’s a link to their YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/EofEOfficial


I have to say I’ve never really been a huge fan of Mcfly or Busted but they were amazing live! My favourite band member has to be Tom from Mcfly and my favourite songs were definitely 5 Colours in Her Hair, Sleeping with the Light On and All About You! They put a lot of effort into making the show a masterpiece with all the lighting and effects added together making the night so special. With shooting t-shirts, big inflatable balls and even a UFO as a stage it was such an epic and memorable night!


Oh and how could I forget about the surprise appearance from Fearne Cotton which made it all so much more exciting! She was here with the ITV crew to film for her new show ‘Fearne & McBusted’ - I can’t wait to see it!


After a lot of jumping and dancing we finally exited the arena full of smiles and laughter after having such a fantastic time. Our journey home was pretty out of the ordinary too as we met a man from Ukraine who was lost and we spent about 20 minutes trying to help him get home whilst trying to understand what he was saying aha!

Overall it was such a perfect night that I will never forget. I’m honestly so grateful to Voice 21 for giving us this crazy opportunity especially since journalism is what I would love to do as a career so to have interviewed a band was a huge thing for me!

Thanks so much for reading guys! I will try and post more regularly when my exams are over so keep an eye out for that. As always please share my blog around with your friends and family and give it a follow if you like.

Hugs & kisses,
Nabeela x

No comments:

Post a Comment