Thursday, 24 April 2014

Hanging Your Memories // Room Decoration

Hello guys! So I’ve absolutely loved Tumblr ever since I first made an account and I just love spending hours on end scrolling through all the cool photos that inspire me. When I came across the famous ‘hanging your photos on string’ room decoration idea I was so inspired and super excited to try it out myself.


So the first thing I did was make sure there was somewhere in my room that I could hang the photos. Once I found a suitable place I went on a hunt through my old photos and selected the ones I loved the most and wanted to use. I used photos of friends and family and also celebrities and TV shows that I love too. After doing this I sent them off to a printing website called Truprint and simply waited for them to arrive in the post. I was over the moon when they came a few days later and to see that they did a pretty good job printing them. The only thing that I wasn’t so happy with was that not all of them fit properly in the size that I wanted and they weren’t all very good quality but its okay, I didn’t really mind. Then I just got some string and hung it around my window and then placed all the photos how I wanted to using pegs.


I’m honestly so happy with the way it turned out and I was surprised to see how easy it is to recreate. It really adds a touch of colour and makes your room more personal. I can look up now and see all my great memories in front of me and it’s just a wonderful way to show your photos in a more exciting way rather than just hanging them in boring photo frames. Also mine was placed around my window so it’s the first thing you see when you walk into my room which is really nice. Everyone has loved the idea so far and they all like how unique it is. It’s literally my favourite part of my room; except for my bed of course!

Here’s the website that I used to get the photos printed: http://www.truprint.co.uk/


Thank you for reading guys! I hope you liked this idea and be sure to let me know if you try it out yourself. It costs barely any money and the result looks so pretty. Did you like the idea and how it turned out in my room? As always be sure to give my blog a follow if you like it and also leave your blogs in the comments and I will definitely check them out.

Hugs & kisses,
Nabeela x

No comments:

Post a Comment