Sunday, 16 March 2014

Upcoming Albums To Look Forward To

There are a few albums that are coming up from some of my favourite artists that I wanted to share with you. Firstly Lana Del Rey has recently announced that a second album is on its way very soon. She said it will possibly be released on May 1st 2014 however this isn’t certain but be sure to keep an eye out for it. To be honest I judged Lana’s talent way too soon which was very wrong of me as I’ve now come to realise how great and beautiful her voice really is. Not only her singing voice but her speaking voice is very elegant and puts you in a trance because of how mesmerizing it is and her personality in general shows how genuine and interesting she is. I went along with the stereotypes and kept saying she’s too depressing however after hearing her song ‘Young & Beautiful’ for the film The Great Gatsby and her song Dark Paradise I ended up getting her album and loving almost every song! I’m so glad I gave her a chance because now she’s one of my favourite artists and I wouldn’t even mind seeing her live. I’m buzzing for her new album and can’t wait to hear what else she has to offer.


Click the link if you want to check out Lana Del Rey on ITunes: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/artist/lana-del-rey/id464296584


The second album I’m really looking forward to is from the extremely lovely and talented Ed Sheeran. I got his debut album quite a long time ago and I honestly fell in love with every single song. I am particularly eager for this album because he’s a very unique artist and doesn’t follow the crowd. There’s something refreshing about his voice that makes you want to keep listening. I can tell a lot of effort has gone into this album to make it a high quality product and a good standard for his fans. My favourite song from his first album is Autumn Leaves; it’s such a graceful song full of meaning and life. So when I found out he was releasing a second album you can imagine how excited I was! It’s released on 17th February 2014 on his birthday so be sure to check it out. 


Same with Ed if you want to check out his other music on ITunes click this link: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/artist/ed-sheeran/id183313439


The last album I want to talk about is from a much smaller artist called Lauren Aquilina. I was first introduced to this singer by my brother and she is now one of my favourites. She’s only 18 and she has already gone on tour (I went last year and also got the chance to meet her) and she has released three EPs that have been very successful and has gained her a huge following. What I really admire is that she has worked hard and earned everything instead of getting it handed on a plate to her like lots of singers nowadays. She has only just released her last EP of the trilogy so it will be a very long time till her album is out but I’m sure it’ll be worth it. I honestly can’t pick a favourite song but I have to say Square One and Broke are my favourites from the new EP and her cover of Sex by The 1975 is beyond perfect. Her voice is so unique and powerful and she’s so real and down to earth which makes us all very close friends with her rather than fans.


If you haven’t heard of her stuff then I highly recommend you check her out on all her social media sites:


I feel like I’ve rambled on way too much in this post so I do apologise. Nevertheless I hope you enjoyed it and you have found new music to listen to. Thanks for reading; I shall talk to you in my next post.

Hugs & kisses,
Nabeela x

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE IT !! I love your blog! is soooo chic!

    how about follow each other, let me know I will follow back :)

    xoxo from Spain
    www.thegrisgirl.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete