I feel like time is such a funny thing. When we don’t have any we complain about how we can’t do the things that we want; the things that make us happy. However when we do have time we abuse it. We just sleep or watch a pointless film that won’t change anything or improve our flaws because that’s what we should be doing isn’t it?
We should really try to utilise our time and be more effective with what we do with it. If you think about it, there are 24 hours in the day. That is more than enough time to be doing something healthy and productive to make us better people or to simply enhance our knowledge. We could learn something new perhaps and you never know you might enjoy it and could even take it up as a new hobby. Keeping yourself busy is extremely good for your body and mind and you will be able to experience new things. I was thinking about this and it’s so fascinating how the hours you spend lounging around doing absolutely nothing, you never actually get back. Yes you can have days where you just doss and not do anything because your body needs rest but not all the time because I know that’s what a lot of you do including me. Life is too short to be wasting time on things that won’t matter in a year’s time.
Tips on making more use of your time:
1. Write out a to-do list/schedule for the day so you know exactly what you want to get done. I’ve found this to be really motivating because it makes me feel like I have to get it all done before I can relax.
2. If you find yourself feeling bored then just pick up a book. You don’t have to read a huge textbook to learn something. It can just be any book and I promise you you will gain so much knowledge, your speaking skills will improve and so will your English in general.
3. Next time you have some free time try cleaning your room. I know people see this as a chore but like they say a clear room is a clear mind. Put your music on in the background and actually enjoy it. You will feel so much better afterwards and you will have done something productive.
4. Make sure you’re staying healthy! Those spares hours that you have now and then you could be going for a walk or trying a new workout. It can be hard for some people but you will feel so fresh and it’s better than just sleeping or watching TV.
5. Lastly don’t over-commit. You will end up ruining the fun by piling on too much that you won’t be able to do. Your free time should be enjoyable and it should make you feel happy. It shouldn’t be stressful and pressurizing.
I hope you enjoyed reading this blog post and hopefully it has encouraged you to use your time wisely and to its full potential. Thanks for reading, see you in my next post.
Hugs & kisses,