Saturday, 1 March 2014

Quick Update – 1st March 2014

A lot of new things have been happening in my life recently and lots of things have changed so I just wanted to give a quick update on what I’ve been up to and some of the exciting things that have been keeping me busy and occupied.


Firstly, I’ve been so busy revising and learning tonnes of exam techniques since I’m about to do my GCSE exams starting in May. This has been extremely stressful as this is so important for me and I don’t want these past 5 years to go to waste. I also have a timetable where I have all the revision classes at lunchtimes and after school that I have to attend which will give me guidance and extra time to ask for my teacher’s advice and to finish coursework. It’s been very hectic and at times I have been procrastinating and a little unmotivated but nevertheless I’m going to try to keep working hard and get through this period. I am so excited to finish high school on the 13th June as that is the day I have my last exam so I’m definitely looking forward to relaxing and just chilling out as the long hard stretch of exams will be finally over.

Another thing is that I have started to write articles for an online magazine called Voice 21 that is written by teenagers who want to voice their opinions on various topics such as health, education and disorders along with fun things like film and book reviews. There are so many opportunities that can come about with this and I am just so excited to persue in this as writing is a strong passion of mine and it will also help with my future career. They have drop in sessions every Monday after school to work on articles. I have only been to one so far but I can’t wait to go again as everyone was so friendly and I get to do what I love.


Here is the website if you want to check it out: http://voice21.justyouth.org.uk/


The last thing I wanted to share is that I’m starting to tutor my little sister, who’s in primary school, on various subjects including Maths and English. Personally I feel like education isn’t given as much thought as it should and the teaching is getting worse day by day. So I want to help her achieve the best she can and give her a head start for later life. I’ve decided to take an hour out of my time every day and maybe 2 hours on the weekend to tutor her and teach her what the schools aren’t bothering to teach. My mom has also said that she will pay me at the end of the week for helping her as an incentive so I’m really excited to start tutoring her as I really want her to come out of primary school having performed to the best of her ability.
Hugs & kisses,
Nabeela x

No comments:

Post a Comment